2.08.2010

Marvelous Monday's DIY Make-over!

Project: Make your Uggs yours!

What you need:
1) An old pair of Uggs... or new. It doesn't matter which!
2) Studs. I got mine online at eleathersupply.com (Pyramid Spots ½ in) aprox 70
3) An Exacto blade
4) Pliers, Needlenose pliers, whichever works

Make a plan. Ok, so I'm still trying to decide if I should go along the front seam that runs along the top of the foot. But I like it the way it is. So better let it go.

Before...

ugg_boot


And now...

IMG_2350

IMG_2344

IMG_2346

IMG_2342

Notice there is no more of that pesky little label.
Try it!

3 comments:

Pattie said...

That looks great!
And I think the two in the back really bring it all together :)

This makes me actually like uggs...well yours :)

 Mommy Drinks Style said...

Yes! I agree. I took the ugly out of ugg, and made added studs so they are now Stuggs! Or punk uggs, which are Puggs! LOL.

Yes, I always had this issue with uggs. They are for the beach really... I mean, they are from Australia. Seeing people in the city wearing them annoyed me. And that price tag extra annoying. But they are soft and comfortable. So I one-upped it, and made them mine.

I have more ideas coming!!
xxoo

dr sherman said...

I love your Puggs! I confess, I do love an Ugg. Easy, comfy winter boot to slip on when taking the dog around the block, dashing out of the house on an errand, or just walking to work in the snow. Left mine at the job yesterday and may just have to go in this weekend to retrieve them. For now, I wear my Wellies.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin