2.03.2010

Annie Rocks Studs and Sparkles

I love spending my time looking around at some of my favorite bloggers to get inspiration. And today, I Annie Spandex' blog "DIY Thumb Tack Studded Shoe", is loaded with my kind of inspiration!
diy_thumb_tack_studded_shoes_s
Please go read, to find out more. Such a great idea!!!


I've been obessesing with rivets and studs these days. I found this great belt at shopbop.com, I've yet to wear:
belt


And I just ordered these punk ballet slippers from Bona Drag I can't wait to slip on.
studded-ballet-slippers-0a


So now that I've bought the products, I want to make some of my own! I kept thinking about my old leather biker jacket that I bought at a Harley place back in the mid '80's down in South Carolina.. then stupidly sold to my girlfriend somewhere in the mid 90's. Dumb move. She has no intention of selling it back.

Well, when I had it, I had lovingly applied diamond rivets to the colar, and along the edge of the zipper. I also used bic lighter tops for the sleve. I'll try to find a picture of it, to post, but so far I can't find one. But don't hold your breath.

But I had an idea....So yesterday I ordered online from eleather supply Company, a whole bunch of rivets. I plan on doing this cheap but cute leather jacket I got at Target last year. And... a pair of UGG boots. I'm embarrassed to say I got a pair. I don't know why.. I just felt I needed warm throw me ons... but their just so UGG. I need to punk them out. A bit like these boots:



So check back.. and I'll give you the scoop on how it went. Before and After's and all that.
2 Projects... Jacket and boots.

3 comments:

Pattie said...

I like those punk slippers lol

And I'm excited about seeing these two projects come together!

Annie Spandex said...

Thanks so much for the love! I really like that belt you picked out, too :) xox

Fashion is a Playground said...

Great wedges !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin