6.28.2009

a cute little black jumper always makes me feel perky

And yes, even at my age, I sometimes feel perky. "My age". Whatever.

I'm tired of reading about that healthy glow, and how you loose it as you get older, because you don't produce enough collagen. And then all the articles on how to get that glow by buying these products, that just sting your face, and make you redder, not that healthy pink of "oh so long ago". And then of course, if I had a BILLION bucks, I could go do laser, and that would just solve it all. And I would do that "mommy" tuck Angelina did.

But I don't.

So then I read an article about how Scarlett Johansson doesn't use moisturizer, because someone told her you need to let your face do it's own thing. And I almost buy this dribble until I remember she's only 25, and I also had amazing skin when I was 25, but now I'm not, and now I have that red stuff, and dull stuff, and oily stuff all at the same time, which is some kind of practical joke by some man, or jealous woman, and then I start thinking God really must be a man, cause if god was a woman, she would not do that to us when we were getting old, she would not let us have zits past 35! And by the way, if you don't use moisturizer, your face will get dried out and fall off eventually. Unless you live in the tropics. And trust me L.A/NY is not the tropics.

Oops I rambled. I think I need to stop reading about beauty products and what others do, and of course it doesn't help coming in from a day at the beach and being all red faced, with my dark roots growing in, and my blond hair turning granny yellow. And I really need to file my nails. Don't you hate it when your nails get all sharp and catch on your clothes, and you can't find a file?

But hey, doesn't this outfit look cute?



silky black jumper by Top Shop London, Belt from Anthropology,


I'm getting really bored with my hair cut though...

Happy Summer!!!!

11 comments:

Berlin Deluxxe said...

Hmmm... at 25 I didn't need moisturizer either. Now I need moisturizer and that sexy black jumper :)

Indy Grrrl said...

I can't stand sharp nails! I've ripped so many pairs of tights that way. I love the jumper!

Revolution Malibu said...

Super cute!

K @ Blog Goggles said...

Haha, this is hilarious. I have pretty lame skin. I'm just 25 and use moisturizer every day, but have had wrinkles for years now. Oh so sad!

On another note, you look awesome in that jumper.

P.S. I'm hosting my first giveaway! Check it out if you get a chance :)

Ash Fox said...

first off, you do look fantastic in that jumper. jumpers are so easy and comfy..love 'em. secondly, i love dark roots with blond hair. it gives it character! thirdly, i don't buy the beauty product bullshit myths either. i battle a little acne here and there so i use the regimen at acne.org for my daily skin care. what pisses me off about the cosmetic industry is that every beauty product ad is so obviously photoshopped! the spokespeople they get for these ads are equally despicable. i'm sorry, but eva longoria doesn't make me want to buy eye cream or hair dye..that being said i think ellen degeneres and queen latifah were brilliant picks for cover girl..now i'm rambling.

x o x o

www.tittees.blogspot.com

 Mommy Drinks Style said...

OMG, thank you all!!! I love jumpers!

Now let's all go check out K@Blog Goggles give away!!

and check out acne.org!!


Here's to Rambling!!

sherri said...

that jumper is so perky and awesome. I find now that my skin has lost its youthful glow, I just started wearing blush. problem solved. I always look more awake after applying. I can't believe I just typed that.

sherri said...

p.s. gave you an award a few posts back. here...
http://leclaw.blogspot.com/2009/06/thanks-to-charlotte.html

 Mommy Drinks Style said...

OMG!!! Sherri, you rock. First for saying that!! Blush always makes me look alive!! and I remember there were some years I refused to wear blush, because I wanted to pale, pale complexion, I wouldn't be caught in blush. Not now!!

And second for the award!! Now I have to answer those 10 truthful things about myself!!!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Cute jumper! I totally hate when my nails snag stuff! It drives me crazy...

Yet said...

loves the belt addition! Do it!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin