1.28.2009

Twinkle, twinkle, little bat! How I wonder what you're at.

"I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!" - alice


  i Started out as a very sweet, ladylike little girl. I loved dressing up, with matching shoes and purse, little sweaters, short skirts. Eventually I became more of a tomboy in a skirt. And then I embraced new wave and punk.
      But like my passion for fashion magazines, I stayed true to the constant transformations I would obsess over, and never stuck with one thing. In high school, I would show up one day dressed in a long cotton "georgetown" dress, with feathers in my ears. Very Hippy (or like one of the Grits) Another day, I would put on my docks, with the laces intricately wound, corduroy gauchos and a cowl neck sweater. Quite preppy. And then after the introduction of the Jam, Blondie and the Police, I embraced polka dots, bright colors, punk pins and fatigues. New wave girl.

       Today, I'm not sure what my style is.

        oh yeah.. mommy drinks style! duh!!


but in the beginning. I was a decent little girl.






Hmmm... funny how in all three photos I'm waiting for the bus!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin